Retail Sales and Development Manager
The person in this role will be responsible for managing current accounts primarily in the Vancouver and Vancouver Island area at both the head office and store level. There will also need to be a focus on driving business growth through existing and new products for current customers and pursuing leads on potential customers.
Responding to direction from the President and working closely with the Director of Operations and Research & Development team, this person is responsible for communicating new product ideas in response to customer needs to the rest of the team. This role will then be the key point of communication throughout the development process for these new programs. This includes ensuring the program will meet customer needs and communicating all details to the Sales Administration manager to create a smooth launch and follow up.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with the President to develop the product strategy and execute product development projects from initial concept to launch
· Utilize good project management and communication skills, and handle multiple projects concurrently
· Must handle own administrative tasks for designated customers, including listing forms, promotional plans and any other customer requirements
· Manage product roll outs and follow up with customers and internal team to ensure customer satisfaction
· Assist with brand development creating project plans and critical paths for product launches
· Drive weekly meetings with the President and Director of Operations, reporting back on status of all projects
· Work closely with the marketing team to drive sales improvements by way of demos, promotional activities and supporting documents, and retail execution excellence
· Drive sales growth for current customers by expanding programs, making profitable changes and introducing new product lines
· Drive sales growth by pursuing leads with potential customers both within and outside the grocery and CPG industry
· Food Service, Retail, or Consumer Packaged Goods experience preferably in the Deli/HMR department
· Proven sales, negotiation and communication skills
· Degree in Business and/or Marketing, or equivalent experience
· Highly entrepreneurial, innovative and creative. Ability to operate in a fast paced, changing environment with shifting priorities and deadlines
· Acute attention to detail and strong documentation skills
· Strong verbal and written communication in English (a second language would be an asset)
· Computer skills – MS Office is a must. Sage 300 and GS1 would be an asset
· A love of food!
· Previous product development or food ingredient development
· Culinary experience
· Project Management experience
· Marketing and branding knowledge of Canadian food nutritional, CFIA labeling, and HACCP regulations
This is a full time salaried position with full benefits. Primary work days are Monday to Friday with the occasional exception. Travel is required. Position will be based in Victoria but with frequent travel on Vancouver Island and the lower mainland.
Please send resume with cover letter to Shanda Denham
FOOD DEMO SPECIALIST
SEEKING TWO POSITIONS: North Island & South Island
We are expanding our team of Brand Ambassador/Food-demo Specialists, in Nanaimo and the surrounding North Island area.
If you are passionate about food and have experience in food services, we would like to extend an opportunity to join us immediately on a permanent, part-time basis. Our Food-demo Specialists work a variety of shifts, weekdays & weekends, in grocery store locations around Vancouver Island
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are seeking charismatic individuals who display friendly customer focus, a passion for food and a professional appearance.
As a Food-demo Specialist, you will be comfortable engaging with consumers in highly interactive environments and generating sales by offering samples and nutritional information.
This is not a sales position. Our intention is to provide energetic and professional, in-store support of a variety of our products with a dedicated team of credible demonstrators.
Be timely, friendly, neat in appearance and professional
Keep accurate track of samples consumed and sales-generated reports during each shift
Set-up demo table, maintain a clean environment and at the end of your shift, dismantle and take with you all equipment used
Prepare a variety of samples following Food Safe requirements in accordance with the BC Health Act
Enthusiastically engage the consumer to promote and encourage sales & brand loyalty
Valid driver's license and a reliable vehicle
Cellphone/smartphone that can take photos, send texts and emails
Minimum Level 1, Canadian Food Safe certificate (available on-line 24/7)
Able to work efficiently and effectively in an unsupervised environment
Effective cross-cultural communication skills
Ability to stand and actively engage consumers for a minimum of 4 hours
Be available for a variety of 4-6 hour shifts; days, early evenings and/or weekends
Able to lift/carry up to 30 lbs/13.60 kg, unassisted
Comfortable assembling a demonstration table
Experience with demonstrating/selling is a big plus
Available to start training immediately
WHAT WE OFFER:
Products, equipment and on-going coaching and support
Regular, part-time hours: 1-5 days per week - 4 to 6 hour shifts weekdays/weekends
Competitive wages; paid training
If this sounds like a great fit for you, let's talk! Please submit your resume for immediate consideration. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team of professional Food-demo Specialists.
Job Types: Casual Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00 /hour + kms (after 50kms in a round trip)
Please send resume with cover letter to: Leigh Cooledge: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please