CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Location: View Royal, BC
You must LOVE food, be a skilled problem solver, and be prepared to offer quick and accurate assistance to our customers.
Headquartered in Victoria BC – Jade Fine Foods and our production & manufacturing facility Arbutus Farms Kitchen provide an extensive range of premium gourmet & classic deli salads to large and small grocery chains and stand-alone stores.
Our customer service team is growing. We’re looking to add a patient and empathetic Customer Service Representative who is organized, a strong multi-tasker and understands the value of good communication.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a diverse mix of functions including:
- Order Entry & Processing: this deadline driven process requires all sales orders to be entered and strategically scheduled for delivery. This includes consolidating delivery plans and coordinating resources with an emphasis on accuracy and efficiency. Ownership of the order from receipt to delivery.
- Customer Service: answering phones – caring for customers while documenting communications and proactively solving problems. Following through on any issues or concerns from our customers all the way to resolution.
- Inside Sales: this includes managing and growing our existing business base through in-house communication channels and exceptional customer service initiatives.
- Purchasing: Manage inventory to keep losses to a minimum and place orders with vendors both within Canada and Internationally.
- Administrative and Finance Support: a variety of tasks in a general administrative support capacity including filing, reporting and helping to resolve any accounting issues with the finance department
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Available to work Monday – Friday, exact hours TBD
- Computer Skills: Applicant must be literate in computer use including Microsoft Office Suite – especially Outlook, Excel and Word. Experience in Sage 300 would be a bonus.
- Customer Service: Applicant must have an “eager-to-please” customer service orientated outlook and offer a “can-do” attitude. Excellent phone skills and an ability to proactively manage customer needs is a must.
- Organization, Agility and Accuracy: Applicant must have the ability to adapt to new processes and work accurately in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment with multiple points of input and output. A relentless attention to detail and the ability to move back and forth between tasks while maintaining accuracy is crucial.
- Self-Starting & Accountability: Applicant must understand that the responsibility of this roll stops with them. This roll is integral to the overall functionality of our business and the successful applicant must embrace it as such. An ability to proactively manage tasks – double check everything for accuracy and follow-up to ensure action is mandatory.
- Logistics: knowledge of logistics systems, carriers and product importing is advantageous
- Food Safety: knowledge of general food safety concepts
- IT: experience with Sage Accounting, GS1, SPS commerce
WAGE: This is a full-time, Monday-Friday position. Compensation level will be commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We thank everyone who is interested; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send resume with cover letter to: Leigh Cooledge: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please